Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Okay, So It's Been Awhile

I've been busy.

I did host Thanksgiving, and it turned out fine. It wasn't Martha Stewart perfect, but the food was delicious and homemade (including stuffing made from homemade gluten free cornbread, and gravy made from turkey stock, as in I roasted a turkey the Sunday before so I could make stock) and we didn't use any disposable flatware, plates, or cups. I didn't buy bottled water or Coca-Cola. Most of all, we gathered together as family and friends and managed to enjoy ourselves despite my mother's absence.

I completed NaNo. My novel isn't quite finished; my main character has more to do, but I don't know what that is now. I do think, however, that I am more comfortable calling myself a writer. Heck, maybe I'll take the title of novelist (albeit unpublished).

I'm feeling more relaxed, more in rhythm. This week has been good. The boys and I are spending some time each day reading, drawing, and crafting together; it has been beneficial for all of us. December is nearly upon us, and I don't feel rushed or stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment