Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chomping at the Bit

We haven't even celebrated all of our holidays yet and I find myself thinking ahead to our next block. I am so pleased to have returned to Waldorf/Enki learning! We have a long multiplication/long division mathematics block next and my head is spinning with ideas. We'll mostly be working with the A Little Garden Flower Math e-book; I think my boys would enjoy a story so I am going to take the plunge and write my own.

I'm also really excited because I re-purchased The Christopherus Waldorf Curriculum Overview for Homeschoolers by Donna Simmons and have been getting some good ideas. One thing I've decided to drop is worksheet practice for skills work; we're going to work together more with manipulatives, oral problems, games, and our blackboard. J-Baby really struggles with his practice work as his hands get fatigued with small motor work and I would rather he spend time on his journal and form drawing (which will help him long-term). I am looking forward to rereading the entire book from cover-to-cover.

I feel so confident about the choice to embrace Waldorf fully once more that I took a leap of faith and purchased Live Education Grade 5 for next fall. Yes, I bought it 8 months early; I want to have a lot of time to prepare our grade 5 year.

No comments:

Post a Comment