Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our Newest Family Member



I realized after I posted about J-Baby turning 9 that I had mentioned our newest addition without having introduced him.  This is Big Dog.  He came from a German Shepherd rescue and had spent 4 months in a boarding facility before being placed with a foster family for 6 weeks. Needless to say he is still settling in and adjusting to life with a lively family who are home with him most of the time.  Girl Dog is so happy to have a canine companion, and we all adore him.

This morning as the boys and I were folding laundry and singing nursery rhymes the atmosphere turned playful (as is wont to happen with 9 and 10 year old boys) and the boys starting making all of the songs be about Big Dog and Girl Dog.  So to the tune of Lavender's Blue Dilly Dilly:

Big Dog's a big little puppy,
Girl Dog is small.
But we like all sizes of puppies,
Yes we love them all.

Okay, so they were taking liberties, since Girl Dog is nearly as big as Big Dog, in size if not in weight, and neither of them is a puppy.  But I just love when they make up lyrics to songs.  They are so collaborative ~ I imagine I may have a George and Ira Gershwin on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment