Thursday, April 8, 2010

Grade 4, Spring Term, Beowulf Week 1, Day 4 ~ Still Sick

I would have expected to be feeling better one week into this illness, not worse. Papa is still not well and stayed home again this morning.

I was at a loss as to what to do today. We wanted to listen to more Beowulf, but Papa was trying to work from home, and that happens in the family/learning room, which is also where we have it set up to listen to audio.

I decided that we would review column addition and subtraction, and wow, am I glad we did. I find myself wondering how we ever reviewed every math concept in public school. The boys definitely needed a refresher on regrouping.

We also played more verbal word games and did oral multiplication tables, and the boys did silent reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment