Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hanging on by the skin of my teeth....

I'd like to say that this week is going as smoothly as last week, but I'd be lying. I'm sick again, with tooth socket pain, a bladder infection, stomach upset, nausea, dizziness, and headaches. It really had me down Monday and Tuesday, fearing that I am once again fighting something systemic and worried that I will lose weeks and months like last time I was in a health crisis.

Today I am bettter mentally. I don't have a lot of energy, but my mind is whirring and I am upbeat. I keep working in 15 minutes bursts, trying to catch up on everything that I have fallen behind on in the last several days.

I will have approximately 6 hours to myself this afternoon/evening. The guys are heading Raging Waters with their cousins to spend 4 hours frolicking in the water and braving scary water slides; it is an annual event.

What to do with such a large block of time? Last year I went to the mall and got my hair trimmed and my eyebrows waxed (we were going to an out-of-town, upscale wedding that weekend), and I went clothes shopping and got a pedicure. This year, however, we are back to only having one vehicle and I will be limited by how far I can travel by my own power, and by the heat!

So, as crazy as it sounds, I am going to clean out the craft supply closet, and tidy up around the house. I also need to think about what to take to tomorrow's homeschooling potluck, and come up with some sort of gluten-free, chocolate-free sweet. I'll admit that I am considering just heading to Trader Joe's in the morning for some meringue cookies instead of firing up the oven to bake. I am also going to listen to Enki music, and maybe watch the DVD.

As for Enki, we did a morning lesson Monday and Tuesday, but our afternoon practice time has been rather freeform. I suppose that is because we haven't made it a firm part of our rhythm, and by afternoon I feel pretty yucky. We've been reading a lot and playing a lot of games. We'll finish the 3-day cycle Friday with copying our summary and playing with math manipulatives. We don't practice handwriting on a day we write a lot in our MLBs, because it is just too much for the boys.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really interested in using Enki, though I haven't bought any thing yet. Is it really as good as it sounds? I'll have to swing by your blog more often tosee it in action.

    ReplyDelete