Friday, July 25, 2014

Frugal Victories

I suppose I should do frugal victory posts once a week; Fridays seem like a good day for it.

The boys bowled twice this week using Kids Bowl Free.

I picked up two more held books from the library.

I found two vintage pink floral pillowcases at the thrift store for a total of $1.62.

I didn't buy anything else at the thrift store!

I made muffins with some bananas that were too overripe to freeze for smoothies.

I remembered to freeze and package this week's bananas.

We were more careful with our avocados and put them in the refrigerator as soon as they were ripe, thus not losing any this week.

I salvaged 60% of the loaf of bread that didn't rise and bake correctly in the bread maker Wednesday (user error).  Boys #1 picked through the other 40% and ate about half of it as a snack.

I think I've perfected my no poo routine (more on that next week).

I watched a free video class online which helped me learn to make the Bread Beckers cinnamon roll recipe.

I line dried all of our laundry, even the towels and bedding (including comforters)
(Oops, I wrote this Thursday and forgot that I would be washing the socks and underwear load Friday. I wash this load every 7 - 10 days and do use the automatic dryer for it. I do not relish the thought of hanging 10 days of socks and underwear for 4 people, and "crunchy" socks get complaints around here.)

Except for our lunch date Sunday I cooked all of our meals at home.

I made sure to use the leftover sauce and Field Roast sausages from last week so they wouldn't spoil.

I reminded Husband that we needed gas when we got to Costco and we saved 9¢ per gallon.

No comments:

Post a Comment