Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Frugal Victories

Today we met friends at the local bowling alley for Kids Bowl Free. Each child 15 and under can bowl two free games per day in the summer (you must be registered). Bowling shoes are required, but Teen #1 still fits his from last year, and Teen #2 is wearing Husband's bowling shoes. Needless to say, we don't buy any food in the bowling alley's restaurant. I enjoyed visiting with friends and enjoyed the bowling alley's air conditioning.

Knowing that we wouldn't be home until lunch time, I set beans and rice to cook (pressure cooker and rice maker), so all I had to do was quickly sauté some greens when I got home and our main meal was ready to go. Because we eat our main meal at lunch time I find that planning ahead is really important when I will be away from home in the morning.

We opened the windows early in the morning and left them open until it started to warm up outside. Once it got to 82° in the house I decided it was still fairly comfortable without the A/C so I bumped the thermostat up to 83°.

I hung three loads of laundry (clothing, bike clothing, and towels).

Husband and I combined errands, going to the library, natural foods store, and supermarket.

I made a batch of homemade dog food.

No comments:

Post a Comment