Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sick Again...

I have the same symptoms I had last fall (and off and on all year). The major ones are bladder spasms, bladder pain, urgency, tooth socket pain, itchy ears, and nausea. The nausea is a sign that everything has gotten out of control.

For years I thought it an odd coincidence that my teeth would hurt when I had a bladder infection. I figured the immune system is connected and I was having problems fighting bacteria in all areas of my body. Since the mouth always has bacteria I didn't consider something more systemic.

Really, though, I now think it is systemic yeast. I'm not just playing with the idea and trying to find other answers. Everything else seems to be related - even the mysterious allergies that come and go.

But how do I convince a doctor that I think I have a systemic candida infection, including in my jaw? I don't have tons of money to pour into this. Heck, even within the mainstream medical system I can't get a doctor to culture my urine for a fungal infection.

So, 4 weeks pre-surgery I am contemplating a yeast diet. I know I am going to hate going through the yeast die-off because things will be worse, but I have to get better. I have to take control; I do not want to be a person who is constantly focused on how unwell I feel. I do believe that people can take charge of their health and do a lot without the assistance of a medical doctor.

After talking with a couple of friends, I think I'm going to try Candex, a good probiotic (Healthy Trinity Dairy Free), GSE, and the Level 2 candida diet from Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook. The diet is going to be tough, especially for someone like me who almost always has fresh fruit, fresh fruit juices, or fruit smoothies for breakfast.

What is the worst thing that could happen? It might not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment